Founded in 1740 in Cortenova, Galperti excelled in manufacturing of steel products such as farming tools, boat nails and horseshoes.
After the Second World War the main production was changed into current range, originally for water pipelines and later evolved into Oil&Gas and chemical industry.
Our ancient hammer, was donated by Galperti family to the National Museum of Science and Technology Leonardo Da Vinci in Milan in 1950s. It is now part of an exibit in the Main Pavillion.
The company is also mentioned in the book "Imprese lombarde nella storia della siderurgia italiana: Il ferro milanese tra il 1450 e il 1796" by A.Frumento, Milano 1963.